Youth & Open Rabbit Show
Cloverdale Citrus Fair 2021 Virtual Rabbit Show Guidelines & Rules
Entry fee – $3 per Rabbit (youth or open), $2 Showmanship (youth only)
Entry & Submission Deadline: Friday, February 5, 2021
Mandatory Quality Assurance and Ethics Training – All Jr livestock exhibitors will be required to participate in a Quality Assurance and Ethics Training. Currently, the Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) online program has been approved by F & E to fulfill this requirement. Visit www.yqca.org and click Sign In/Register at the top of the page. Training must be complete prior to entry and posting of your entries.
- You must own the animal and the pictures /videos of the animal(s) you are entering. Please list the exhibitor’s name, organization or group, age, division and class on the entry at www.cloverdalecitrusfair.org.
- Your animal must currently be alive and be the age class you are entering it as.
- The pictures/videos of your animal may not be photo shopped or excessively edited (cropping your pictures is acceptable). Judges may disqualify for this.
- You must include 4 – 6 photos of your animal. For the most accurate evaluation include properly posed pictures of:
- Side View – 1 Picture of each side of the animal (2 pictures)
- Hindquarters (1 picture)
- Top (1 picture)
- Head (1 picture – may be included as part of the side photo)
- All markings on marked breeds and wool on wool breeds
- For fur breeds add pictures of the fur being scissored between your fingers (1 picture) and blown into to display undercoat/ring color on agouti varieties (1 picture).
Also, please avoid covering the animal’s head, this can alter the actual appearance of your animal. If you must cover the head in posed pictures, please include at least one head picture or your animal may be disqualified.
***Pic Collage (or similar) is acceptable and preferred, but not mandatory, for your entries. (1 per animal, if a fur breed [ie, Rex] then a 2nd collage is acceptable to include the required fur pictures)
- Work with someone else when taking your pictures.
- Be aware of your background and lighting. A black rabbit with a black background doesn’t work.
- You may have the breed, class and sex in your pictures but DO NOT put ear number! This may identify animal ownership.
- Your rabbit should be the main focus of the picture and cover as much of the frame as possible.
- Make sure your picture is in focus.
- Judges opinions are not up for debate. Civil comments and concerns are allowed but places will not be changed and harassment will not be tolerated.
- While this is not an A.R.B.A sanctioned show, the official breed standards are followed for each section.
- All entries MUST include required information – breed, variety, class (Jr., Sr, Int,), sex (Buck or Doe) and ear number on the entry form on www.cloverdalecitrusfair.org
- If you are having issues with your upload of entry pictures please reach out to the Citrus Fair email firstname.lastname@example.org
Division 1000 – Heavyweights
Rabbit Heavy Weight Age Classifications
- Senior Buck or Doe– Over eight (8) months of age for heavy weight breeds, or having attained minimum senior weight limit for the breed.
- Intermediate Buck or Doe – Between six (6) and eight (8) months of age or having attained maximum junior weight limit for the breed. Heavy weight breeds only.
- Junior Buck or Doe– Under six (6) months of age or not over maximum junior weight limit for the breed.
Division 1500 – Light weights
Rabbit Light Weight Age Classifications
- Senior Buck or Doe– Over six (6) months of age for light weight breeds, or having attained minimum senior weight limit for the breed.
- Junior Buck or Doe – Under six (6) months of age or not over maximum junior weight limit for the breed.
SHOWMANSHIP (For Youth Exhibitors Only)
Showmanship will be conducted via video submission. On your entry form will be an area that you may list the link for your video. You may post via a personal upload on sites such as, but not limited to, You Tube, Dailymotion, Flickr. Vimeo, Veoh and Viddler to name a few.
- Videos may be 3 -5 minutes in length.
- At the beginning of your video please state your name, age, group (Novice, Junior, etc) and organization (4-H, FFA, Ind). You may then proceed with your showmanship presentation.
- There should not be any editing of your video submission.
- Exhibitors are required to wear the official show uniform of the organization they are representing (long sleeve shirt required). Independent Junior must wear ankle length pants and white long sleeved collared shirt.
- Classes are determined by age as of December 31, 2020, including Novice (all first year rabbit project members over 9 years of age). Specify age on entry.
- All showmanship links will need to be given to the fair prior to entry closing date of February 5, 2021.
Division 2500 – Showmanship
Please indicate on your entry submission your age group and organization (Independent, 4-H, Grange or FFA Exhibitor!
- Novice (1st year in project, 9 years and older)
- *Pee Wee (8 years of age and younger)*
- Junior (9 thru 11 years of age)
- Intermediate (12 thru 13 years of age)
- Senior (14 years of age and older)
- FFA Novice
*Pee Wee is a learning experience for youth 5 to 8 years of age; Participants will not be placed*