Junior Pygmy Goat Show
Cloverdale Citrus Fair 2021 Virtual Poultry Show Guidelines & Rules
Entry fee – $3 per Goat per class, $2 Showmanship
Entry & Submission Deadline: Friday, February 5, 2021
Mandatory Quality Assurance and Ethics Training – All Jr livestock exhibitors will be required to participate in a Quality Assurance and Ethics Training. Currently, the Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) online program has been approved by F & E to fulfill this requirement. Visit www.yqca.org and click Sign In/Register at the top of the page. Training must be complete prior to entry and posting of your entries.
- You must own the animal and the pictures /videos of the animal(s) you are entering. Please list the exhibitor’s name, organization or group, age, division and class on the entry at www.cloverdalecitrusfair.org.
- Your animal must currently be alive and be the age class and the sex you are entering it as.
- The pictures/videos of your animal may not be photo shopped or excessively edited (cropping your pictures is acceptable). Judges may disqualify for this.
- You must include 4 – 6 photos of your animal. For the most accurate evaluation include properly posed pictures of:
- Side View – 1 Picture of each side of the animal, including feet (2 pictures)
- Rear set-up (1 picture)
- Top (1 picture)
- Head (1 picture of each side of head – close up, 2 pictures total)
- Head on to show chest of animal while set-up (1 picture)
- We will also need a 1 – 2 minute video showing the animal walking approximately 15 feet away from the camera, turning and walking towards the camera. On your entry form will be an area that you may list the link for your video. You may post via a personal upload on sites such as, but not limited to, You Tube, Dailymotion, Flickr. Vimeo, Veoh and Viddler to name a few.
***Pic Collage (or similar) is acceptable and preferred, but not mandatory, for your entries. (2 per animal maximum)
- Work with someone else when taking your pictures.
- Be aware of your background and lighting. A black goat with a black background doesn’t work.
- You may have the class, registration # or birth date in your pictures but DO NOT put your name or your goat’s name! This may identify the animal.
- Your goat should be the main focus of the picture and cover as much of the frame as possible.
- Make sure your picture is in focus.
- Judges opinions are not up for debate. Civil comments and concerns are allowed but places will not be changed and harassment will not be tolerated.
- While this is not an N.P.J.A. sanctioned show, the official breed standards are followed for each section.
- All entries MUST include required information – class (Wether, Junior Doe or Senior Doe), name of goat, registration number, birth date on the entry form on www.cloverdalecitrusfair.org
- A photo of the animal’s registration paperwork will need to be uploaded at the time that the animal’s photos are submitted during the entry process.
- If you are having issues with your upload of entry pictures please reach out to the Citrus Fair email firstname.lastname@example.org
Class Class Name Oldest Birth Date Youngest Birth Date
01 Baby Wethers 0-6 months 08/16/20 02/15/21
02 Jr. Wethers 6-12 months 02/16/20 08/15/20
03 Int. Wethers 1 – 2 years 02/16/19 02/15/20
04 Sr. Wethers 2 – 3 years 02/16/18 02/15/19
05 Aged Wethers 3 and older N/A 02/15/18
DOES (JUNIOR) Yearlings and under that have not freshened
06 Baby Doe Kids 0-6 months 08/16/20 02/15/21
07 Jr. Doe Kid 6-12 months 02/16/20 08/15/20
08 Jr. Yearling 12 – 18 months 08/16/19 02/15/20
09 Sr. Yearling 18 – 24 months 02/16/19 08/15/19
DOES (SENIOR) They have freshened
10 Milking Doe*** Any Age Any Age ***
11 Freshened Yearling*** 02/16/19 N/A***
12 Two Year Doe 02/16/18 02/15/19
13 Three Year Doe 02/16/18 02/15/17
14 Four Years & Older N/A 02/15/17
***Cannot be shown in more than one class
Showmanship will be conducted via video submission. On your entry form will be an area that you may list the link for your video. You may post via a personal upload on sites such as, but not limited to, You Tube, Dailymotion, Flickr. Vimeo, Veoh and Viddler to name a few.
- Videos may be 3 -5 minutes in length.
- At the beginning of your video please state your name, age, group (Novice, Junior, etc) and organization (4-H, FFA, Independent, Grange). You may then proceed with your showmanship presentation.
- There should not be any editing of your video submission.
- Exhibitors are required to wear the official show uniform of the organization they are representing (long or short sleeve shirt). Independent Junior must wear ankle length pants and white long or short sleeved collared shirt. Closed toe shoes!
- Classes are determined by age as of December 31, 2020.
- All showmanship links will need to be given to the fair prior to entry closing date of February 5, 2021.
Steps for Virtual Pygmy Goat Showmanship
Division 4500 – Showmanship
Please indicate on your entry submission your age group and organization (Independent, 4-H, Grange or FFA Exhibitor!
- *Pee Wee (8 years of age and younger)*
- Junior (9 thru 11 years of age)
- Intermediate (12 thru 13 years of age)
- Senior (14 years of age and older)
*Pee Wee is a learning experience for youth 5 to 8 years of age; Participants will not be placed*