Dog Care and Training Show
ENTRY DEADLINE – Friday, February 3, 2023 by 5:00 pm
ENTRY FEE – $4 per Dog, $3 for Showmanship
SHOW DATE & JUDGING TIME – Monday, February 20 – 8:30 am
CHECK IN TIME – Monday, February 20 – 7:30 am – 8:00 am
JUDGING LOCATION – Burnside Hall on concrete
SHOW SUPERINTENDENT – Ellen Johnson
JUDGING SYSTEM – AMERICAN
NOTE: This is a Citrus Fair show. Entry to the fair is included in exhibitors’ entry fee. All others must pay: General Admission (ages 13 & up) $11.00; Seniors (62+) $6.00; Juniors (6-12yrs) $5.00; 5 & under-Free
SHOW ENTRY INFORMATION:
- Animals must be entered in individual classes to qualify for showmanship. The fee is $4.00 per dog. $3.00 for Showmanship. Check or money order must accompany entry form.
- Entries can be made online at www.cloverdalecitrusfair.org, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed with entry fees to: Cloverdale Citrus Fair
Attention – Stefani Wright
1 Citrus Fair Drive, Cloverdale, CA 95425
- Animals must be owned by exhibitor for at least 90 days prior to the day of show. Limit of one dog per exhibitor. Exhibitor/dog are allowed to enter only one Obedience class and one Showmanship class.
- Open to all Juniors who are regularly enrolled in a structured dog care and training project exhibiting a dog (mixed or purebred) that is owned by the exhibitor or immediate family.
- Dog must be 6 months or older.
- Dog must have been trained and fitted by exhibitor only.
- Dogs may be shown by only one exhibitor and may not be shared within families.
- Bitches in season will not be allowed to compete. Uncontrolled or aggressive dogs will not be allowed to show.
THE JUDGES DECISION IS FINAL.
This is a Junior show age 5 through 19. All exhibitors must wear their official uniform while showing (4-H, FFA). Independent Juniors must wear white ankle length pants and white shirt.
JUNIOR DOG CARE AND TRAINING SHOW (continued)
- Exhibitors are responsible for entering and showing their dog in the right class.
- Fair management reserves the right to limit entries based on the time available for judging.
DIVISION 460 – OBEDIENCE
- Sub-Novice A: First year exhibitor, first year dog. All exercises on a six foot leash. Heel and figure eight, stand for examination, recall, long sit (one minute), and long down (three minutes).
- Sub-Novice B: Second year/older exhibitor, second year/older dog. All exercises on a six foot leash. Heel and figure eight, stand for examination, recall, long sit (one minute), and long down (one minute).
- Sub-Novice C: Third year exhibitor or higher and any dog not ready to go off leash. All exercises on a six foot least. Heel and figure eight, stand for examination, recall, long sit (one minute, and long down (one minute).
- Novice: For third year and over dogs or any first or second year dog that has received a qualifying score in Novice Obedience at any dog show. Heel and figure eight on leash. Heel, stand for examination, recall, long sit (one minute), and long down (three minutes) off leash.
- Graduate Novice: Heel on leash. Stand for examination, heel and figure eight off leash, drop on recall, long sit and long down (five minutes) out of sight.
DIVISION 461 – SHOWMANSHIP (Must also show in Obedience. Age requirement is as of December 31, 2022)
2. *Pee Wee Members: 5 – 8 Years of Age*
3. Junior Exhibitors: 9 – 11 Years of Age
4. Intermediate: 12 – 13 Years of Age
|5. Senior: 14 – 19 Years of Age
7. FFA Novice
*Pee Wee Showmanship is a learning experience for youth 5 to 8 years of age. Participants will not be placed.*
- The five (5) highest scoring competitors in each Obedience Class will receive 1st. through 5th Place Rosettes.
- High in Trial on Leash Trophy – highest score from Sub-Novice A, B, C.
- High in Trail Off Leash Trophy – highest score from Novice and Graduate Novice.
- 1st through 8th Place Rosettes. First Place Winner will receive an Award.
- Best Junior Handler Award: Each first place winner from all the Showmanship classes will return to the ring to compete for overall Showmanship winner.
NOTE: The first and second place Junior (aged 9 – 13 Years), and Senior (aged 14 – 18 Years) winners in Showmanship are eligible to compete in Small Animal Round Robin Monday, February 20, 1PM. The First and Second place Showmanship winners from Junior 9-11 yrs. And Intermediate 12-13 yrs. will return to the ring to determine the 2 winners who will advance to Junior Small Animal Round Robin. Notify the Livestock Superintendent if you are unable to compete.