Youth Cavy Show
Cloverdale Citrus Fair 2023 Cavy Show Guidelines & Rules
Entry fee – $4 per Cavy, $3 Showmanship
ONE DAY CARRY IN SHOW
ENTRY DEADLINE – Friday, February 3, 2023 by 5:00 pm
ENTRY FEE – $4.00 per Cavy, $3.00 Showmanship
SHOW DATE & JUDGING TIME – Sunday, February 19 – 11:00 am
SHOW SUPERINTENDENT – Stefani Wright
RELEASE OF CAVY – Sunday evening, following Best of Show selection
SHOW ENTRY INFORMATION
- This is a one- (1) day carry in cage show. All carrying cages must have waterproof bottoms. All best of breeds must stay for best of show. If you can’t stay please notify the show secretary.
- The entry fee is $4.00 per Cavy. Showmanship is an additional $3.00. Payment of entry fees must accompany entry form or online entry. Make checks payable to the Cloverdale Citrus Fair. Check or money order must accompany entry form. (There will be a $20.00 service charge for returned checks.) Entry fees are non-refundable.
- No phone entries or day of show entries will be accepted. STATE RULE: Substitutions can only be made within a section. Substitutions must be made when the exhibit arrives at the fairgrounds. A minimum $5 penalty must be paid prior to judging for each substitution made by the exhibitor in excess of two in the section.
- Entries can be made online at www.cloverdalecitrusfair.org, emailed to email@example.com or mailed with entry fees to: Cloverdale Citrus Fair
Attention – Stefani Wright
1 Citrus Fair Drive, Cloverdale, CA 95425
- Check in with the show secretary upon arrival. Check in sheets will be emailed after close of entries. It is the exhibitors responsibility to confirm accuracy of entries prior to the start of judging. The only changes that can be made are to correct show secretary errors and ear changes per state rule. Absolutely no changes are allowed at the table.
NOTE: This is a Citrus Fair show. Entry to the Fair is included in exhibitors’ entry fee. All Others Must Pay: General Admission (13 & up) 11.00; Seniors (62+) $6.00; Juniors (6-12yrs) $5.00; 5 & under-Free
- CHECK IN TIME 10AM. JUDGING STARTS AT 11AM.
- All other rules on pages 58 & 57, the rabbit show rules apply to the Cavy show.
- All Showmanship rules on page 58 apply to the Cavy show, except Check In Time will be 11:00am.
DIVISION 410 – CAVY CLASSES —————————————————————————–
- Senior Boar – over 32 oz.
- Intermediate Boar-Animals up to 6 months or age, or weight over 22 oz. and up to and including 32 oz.
- Junior Boar – Animals up to 4 months of age, minimum weight of 12 oz., maximum weight of 22 oz.
- Senior Sow – Over 32 oz.
- Intermediate Sow -Animals up to 6 months of age, or weight over 22 oz. and up to and including 32 oz.
- Junior Sow – Animals up to 4 months of age, minimum weight of 12 oz., maximum weight of 22 oz.
NOTE: EXHIBITOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING CORRECT SHOW CLASSIFICATION AS OUTLINED IN THE CURRENT ARBA STANDARD OF PERFECTION. CONSULT YOU PROJECT LEADER OR ADVISOR FOR ASSISTANCE. PLEASE INDICATE ON ENTRY FORM.
CAVY SHOW (continued)
DIVISION 411 – CAVY SHOWMANSHIP——————————————————————-
Class 1 Novice (First year in project, 9 years & up.)
Class 2 *Pee Wee (8 years of age and younger)*
Class 3 Junior (9 -11)
Class 4 Intermediate (12 & 13)
Class 5 Senior (14 years and older)
Class 6 FFA
Class 7 FFA Novice
*Pee Wee is a learning experience for youth 5 to 8 years of age; Participants will not be placed.*
- Cavy used in Showmanship must be entered in show by the exhibitor. Exhibitors must show their own animal in Showmanship.
- Showmanship classes will be determined by age as of December 31, 2022, including novice (all first year cavy project members. Age as of December 31, 2022)
- Showmanship entries must be made at the same time as the cavy entries; Fee will be $3.00. State your age on the entry form when entering showmanship and indicate novice if this will be your first year showing a cavy.
- All exhibitors are required to wear the official show uniform of the organization they represent (long sleeve shirt required.) Independent Juniors and Grange must wear ankle length pants and white long sleeve shirt.
- Showmanship exhibitors must check in by 10:00 a.m. Any exhibitors after 10:00 am will not be accepted.
- Any contestant winning 1st or 2nd in their showmanship class may be eligible for Round Robin. The 1st and 2nd place winners of the Junior and intermediate classes will compete in a run-off to determine the representative for Junior Round Robin. Senior 4-H and FFA 1st and 2nd place winners (based on run off between FFA & FFA Novice) will be eligible for those Round Robin classes. NOTIFY the Livestock Superintendent if exhibitor is unable to compete. Exhibitor is asked to supply animal for the class. Round Robin to take place Monday, February 20, 1:00 pm.
*Pee Wee is a learning experience for youth 5 to 8 years of age; Participants will not be placed*