Youth Cavy Show
Cloverdale Citrus Fair 2021 Virtual Cavy Show Guidelines & Rules
Entry fee – $2 per Cavy, $2 Showmanship
Entry & Submission Deadline: Friday, February 5, 2021
- You must own the animal and the pictures /videos of the animal(s) you are entering. Please list the exhibitor’s name, organization or group, age, division and class on the entry at www.cloverdalecitrusfair.org.
- Your animal must currently be alive and be the age class and sex you are entering it as.
- The pictures/videos of your animal may not be photo shopped or excessively edited (cropping your pictures is acceptable). Judges may disqualify for this.
- You must include 4 – 6 pictures of your animal. For the most accurate evaluation include properly posed pictures of:
- Side view – 1 photo of each side of animal(2 pictures)
- Hindquarters/ Rear (1 picture)
- Top (1 picture)
- Head/Front (1 picture – May be included as part of the side view)
- Under color and all markings on marked breeds. (1 or 2 pictures)
Please avoid covering the animal’s head, this can alter the actual appearance of your animal. If you must cover the head in posed pictures, please include at least one head picture or your animal may be disqualified.
***Pic Collage (or similar) is acceptable and preferred, but not mandatory, for your entries. (1 per animal)
- Work with someone else when taking your pictures.
- Be aware of your background and lighting. A black cavy with a black background doesn’t work.
- You may have the breed, class and sex in your pictures but DO NOT put ear tag number! This may identify animal ownership.
- Your cavy should be the main focus of the picture and cover as much of the frame as possible.
- Make sure your picture is in focus.
- Judges opinions are not up for debate. Civil comments and concerns are allowed but places will not be changed and harassment will not be tolerated.
- While this is not an A.R.B.A sanctioned show, the official breed standards are followed for each section.
- All entries MUST include required information – breed, variety, class (Jr., Sr, Int,), sex (Boar or Sow) and ear tag number on the entry form on www.cloverdalecitrusfair.org
- If you are having issues with your upload of entry pictures please reach out to the Citrus Fair email email@example.com
Division 3000 – Cavy Classes
- Senior Boar’s and Senior Sow’s – over 32 oz., over 6 months of age.
- Intermediate Boar’s and Sow’s – up to 6 months of age, or weight over 22 oz., and up to and including 32 oz.
- Junior Boar’s and Sow’s – animals up to 4 months of age, minimum weight of 12 oz., maximum weight of 22 oz.
SHOWMANSHIP (For Youth Exhibitors Only)
Showmanship will be conducted via video submission. On your entry form will be an area that you may list the link for your video. You may post via a personal upload on sites such as, but not limited to, You Tube, Dailymotion, Flickr. Vimeo, Veoh and Viddler to name a few.
- Videos may be 3 -5 minutes in length.
- At the beginning of your video please state your name, age group (and organization. You may then proceed with your showmanship presentation.
- There should not be any editing of your video submission.
- Exhibitors are required to wear the official show uniform of the organization they are representing (long sleeve shirt). Independent Junior must wear ankle length pants and white long sleeved collared shirt.
- Classes are determined by age as of December 31, 2020, including Novice (all first year cavy project members over 9 years of age). Specify age on entry.
- All showmanship links will need to be provided to the fair prior to entry closing date of February 5, 2021.
Division 3500 – Cavy Showmanship
Please indicate on your entry submission your age group and organization (Independent, 4-H, Grange or FFA Exhibitor!
- Novice (1st year in project, 9 years and older)
- *Pee Wee (8 years of age and younger)*
- Junior (9 thru 11 years of age)
- Intermediate (12 thru 13 years of age)
- Senior (14 years of age and older)
- FFA Novice
*Pee Wee is a learning experience for youth 5 to 8 years of age; Participants will not be placed*