Citrus Exhibits & Garden Entries
- Be a part of the tradition by entering a Feature Citrus Exhibit or Citrus Sculpture. Prize money is offered for all entries in the Adult and Junior classes!
- Entries will be accepted starting in late November. Check back for more information.
- Entry deadline is Monday, January 14! Click here for rules and guidelines.
- For questions on how to enter, please email us or call (707) 894-3992.
- In the beginning, the exhibits and displays included little more than wooden frameworks with a few oranges affixed to the structures. Today, community members with service clubs, churches, schools, and individuals vie for the most outstanding entry eagerly contributing their exceptionally varied talents with spirited competition. Rules now require that a minimum of ninety dozen citrus fruits be used on an exhibit and fifty percent of these fruits to be oranges.
- By Fair time, visitors are greeted by elaborate, three dimensional exhibits, some as high as eighteen feet. The judges consider the overall effect and appropriateness to the theme, but the real focus is upon technique and workmanship.